Salut 003 - Modern Sarong
This product was made by Mrs. Maria Goreti who loves all sorts of meat. She love eating meat the most.
This motif depicts two stars, called dala in the local Sikka language, gripping an ornamental golden bridal headpiece traditionally worn during wedding ceremonies, called mawarani. The traditional community believe that stars are important natural guides in life. And so, within this motif the stars are a symbol of leadership, specifically male leadership within the paternal clan system. The mawarani headpiece itself is a symbol of the female, the source of life. Together they signify the unity of a clan or family, including the father, mother and children.
Textiles with motif dala mawarani are worn during traditional parties usually by young women coming into maturity and have begun to dream about starting a family.
- Rub gently with a clean, damp cloth or sponge
- Use cold water and mild soap
- Do not immerse in water
- Rub gently with a clean, dry cloth or sponge
- Do not clean with water, soap, solvent or stain removers
- Polish leather with an approved leather cream