Layur 004 - Infinity Scraft
Weaved by Ms. Rosvita Sensiana from Watublapi, Maumere, East Nusa Tenggara.
Koja wulet is symbolized by a stalk from the kenari tree full of nuts, ranging from unripe to ripe. The depiction in the motif are of two human figures sitting cross-legged with hands held out open and bowing their heads in the position of prayer. This illustrates a belief that a humble person, who bows down in prayer, and is always thankful, will be provided with everlasting prosperity.
Textiles with this motif serve as a dowry within traditional marriage ceremonies and also are used especially within traditional ceremonies for meditation, prayer, and thanksgiving
190 x 30 cm
Because all pieces are hand-cut, sewn, and dyed please expect variations in each garment.
- Rub gently with a clean, damp cloth or sponge
- Use cold water and mild soap
- Do not immerse in water
- Rub gently with a clean, dry cloth or sponge
- Do not clean with water, soap, solvent or stain removers
- Polish leather with an approved leather cream