Kempit 001 - Totebag
The ikat on the outer pocket weaved by Mrs. Virginsia Nurak who loves dark blue and green.
Because all pieces are hand-cut, sewn, and dyed please expect variations in each garment.
Dimensions of the tote bag
15x 26.5 cm
Eko and Bueng. Eko is a narrow band on Sikkanese ikat with the “S” figure motif. Bueng means “seed” in Sikkanese. It appears as an ornamental dots—or sometimes stripes—on an overall structure of Sikkanese textiles.
Ikat cloth from Watublapi, East Flores
Commercial cotton yarn from East Java
The bark of the Mango tree.
Leaves of Indigofera Tinctoria.
- Rub gently with a clean, damp cloth or sponge
- Use cold water and mild soap
- Do not immerse in water
- Rub gently with a clean, dry cloth or sponge
- Do not clean with water, soap, solvent or stain removers
- Polish leather with an approved leather cream