Layur 007 - Infinity Scraft
Weaved by Ms. Maria Goretin, Maumere, East Nusa Tenggara.
Naga lalan means ‘dragon footprint’ in the local language of Sikka. The traditional community believes that the dragon symbolizes the spirit of Mother Earth. If a dragon passes, the person who sees the remaining tracks will receive good fortune in life. Direct sightings of the dragon’s whole intact-body complete with feet, hands, tail, etc., symbolizes that the person will receive good fortune. But in the case the dragon shows parts of its body, it means the person will receive misfortune, even fatal fate. Textiles with motif naga lalan are used as everyday clothing and also worn during traditional parties.
192 x 32 cm
Because all pieces are hand-cut, sewn, and dyed please expect variations in each garment.
- Rub gently with a clean, damp cloth or sponge
- Use cold water and mild soap
- Do not immerse in water
- Rub gently with a clean, dry cloth or sponge
- Do not clean with water, soap, solvent or stain removers
- Polish leather with an approved leather cream